FF:NJI_13A Courses of German - Course Information
NJI_13A Practical Courses of German including Life and Institutions I/1Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Vlastimil Brom, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Johannes Benjamin Köck, BA, MA (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Jiřina Malá, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Zdeněk Mareček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Erkan Osmanović, MA (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Jiřina Malá, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- NJI_09A Courses of German
The expected level of language proficiency after successful completion of the subject: B2-C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- German language and literature (programme FF, B-NJ_) (3)
- Course objectives
- Practical language course of German encompassing the training of all language competences - speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Some themes being discussed also comprise the contemporary culture and politics of german speaking countries.
Special attention will be paid to grammatical problems and text production.
- Learning outcomes
- The students learn 6 lessons from the textbook Sicher! C1.2. Lecturers (native speakers) take up the conversational topics of these lessons and also focus on selected cultural topics, the practice of writing literary (music- or art-critical) texts, conference reports, a letter to the editor for a German daily newspaper, and an informative and linguistically adequate commentary socially actual topics.
Czech teachers, in addition to the textbook, concentrate on the translation of journalistic texts into German.
- Sicher! C1.2 .:
- Lesson 7:
- Verbal style and nominal style
- Causal relationships
- Word formation: Adjectives derived from adverbs
- Lesson 8:
- Write blog post to a graphic
- Gerundiv as alternative form for the the passive voice (a urgent problem to be solved)
- Aspect shift with modal verbs (will, soll)
- alternative form for the the passive voice "nekommen + Partizip II"
- Word formation: suffixes with adjectives
- Lesson 9:
- City and village
- Vladimir Kaminer: The perfect German small town
- City life has a / no future
- Conditional and concessive relationships
- Adjectives and participles
- Precise connection adverbs
- Lesson 10:
- Literary and reader.
- "Ingredients" for a successful literary text
- Variations of the opicalisation
- Word formation: suffixing with nouns
- Sentence Structures: Temporal and Final Connections
- Lesson 11:
- Intercultural discussions
- Intercultural misunderstandings
- Business travel, professional experience abroad
- Sentence Structures: Consecutive and Modal Contexts
- Word formation: prefixes ER- and RE-
- Lesson 12:
- Research and Technology
- Views on ethically controversial methods
- Prepositions with genitive
- Word formation: prefix durch., über-, um- und unter-
- Text types:
- - letter of motivation
- - review
- - oral and visual presentation
- required literature
- M. Perlmann-Balme - S. Schwalb - M. Matussek: Sicher C1. - učebnice němčiny a prac. sešit vč. audio-CD (lekce 7-12). München: Hueber, 2015.
- recommended literature
- BENEŠ, Eduard. Praktická mluvnice němčiny :přepracované a aktualizované vydání oblíbené mluvnice : nový německý pravopis. 1. vyd. Plzeň: Fraus, 2005. 284 s. ISBN 80-7238-392-2.
- Peter EISENBERG: Grundriss der deutschen Grammatik. Band 1: Das Wort. Band 2: Der Satz. Stuttgart/Weimar: J.B. Metzler, 2013
- Duden :Grammatik der deutschen Gegenwartssprache. Edited by Gerhard Augst - Günther Drosdowski. 4. völlig neu bearb. und er. Mannheim: Dudenverlag, 1984. 800 s. ISBN 3-411-20904-6.
- HALL, Karin a Barbara SCHEINER. Übungsgrammatik DaF für Fortgeschrittene. 2. Aufl. Ismaning: Verlag für Deutsch, 1997. 336 s. ISBN 3-88532-642-6.
- Teaching methods
- Language exercises with both German native speakers and Czech lecturers. Work in groups. Discussions about doubts in the homework. Regular tests.
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with a written exam. The lecturer asks to present a topic and write a written test. For Czech teachers the test is written from lessons 7-12 and a short translation into German with dictionaries without online resources).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Rozdělení do kurzů podle kombinací bude vyvěšeno u rozvrhu.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/NJI_13A