FF:NJK25 Contemporary Literature - Course Information
NJK25 Contemporary LiteratureFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Jan Budňák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jaroslav Kovář, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Zdeněk Mareček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Trombiková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in German Language and Literature (programme FF, N-NJU_) (4)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject, which combines lectures and seminars, is to make students a significant tendency of German literature in the post-1945 period accessible (with emphasis on contemporary literature after 2000). This will be done in "inductive" way: a specific text (novel), the excerpts of which will be read and discussed in the seminar part of the course, serve as a basis for introducing a wider aesthetic or thematic tendency of contemporary literature.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able:
- to name and to illustrate examples of the strong tendencies of literature after 1945,
- to interpret canonical and lesser-known literary works as representatives of these tendencies,
- to acquire orientation skills in German literary and cultural history after 1945 (up to the present),
- to write argumentative (comparative) texts on selected aspects of contemporary literature.
- The program of the course will vary each semester. The schedule of the course will be published before the beginning of each semester when the course will be offered to students.
- Wendelin Schmidt-Dengler (ed. Johann Sonnleitner): Bruchlinien II. Vorlesungen zur österreichischen Literatur 1990 bis 2008.Salzburg: Residenz, 2012.
- Clemens Kammler: Deutschsprachige Gegenwartsliteratur seit 1989: Zwischenbilanzen, Analysen, Vermittlungsperspektiven. Heidelberg : Synchron, 2004.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussion, reading
- Assessment methods
- regular attendance, reading assingments, protocols, essay
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 14 hodin za semestr.