FF:OJ318 BA minor thesis seminar - Course Information
OJ318 BA minor thesis seminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Aleš Bičan, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Václav Blažek, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Mojmír Dočekal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Bohumil Fořt, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marie Krčmová, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Ondřej Šefčík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavla Valčáková, CSc. (lecturer), PhDr. Ondřej Šefčík, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ondřej Šefčík, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course prepares students for writing their final theses. It takes the form of an individual course. The students work independently in the course, studying the methodology of research, the principles of academic writing, and the formal aspects of writing a thesis. They are asked to submit assignments in an electronic form. Some of the assignments are exercises in various aspects of academic writing, others represent preparatory steps to writing the final thesis (delimitation of the topic, compiling working bibliography, collecting material).
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the minor thesis, which is not defended. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- Literature for the minor thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis.
- Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Hjelmslev, Louis. 1971. Jazyk. Praha: Academia.
- Teaching methods
- consultations with the advisor, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: přednostně pro diplomandy