FF:PAPVA_04 Documentation Techniques - Course Information
PAPVA_04 Documentation TechniquesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Soňa Plchová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Zdeněk Měřínský, CSc.
Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Valášková
Supplier department: Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PAPVA_04/A: Thu 9:10–10:45 C42, S. Plchová
PAPVA_04/B: Thu 10:50–12:25 C42, S. Plchová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Course abstract (in English): The course explains general principles and standards of archaeological finds illustration. Students practise drawing artefacts made of different materials (especially ceramic, stone, metal objects). At the end of this course, students should be able to draw a documentary illustration of an archaeological artefact and make a final table of drawings, correctly prepared to publication.
- Course syllabus (in English):
- 1., 2. Informations about the course (Completion requirements, needed drawing materials). General principles and standards of archaeological finds illustration. Picture presentation (PowerPoint). Important terms: views, sections, measure scale. Specific principles of illustration of archaeological finds of the Near east.
- 3. Illustrations of ceramic vessels: rim and base sherds.
- 4. Illustrations of ceramic vessels: body sherds, decorations and handles.
- 5., 6. Reconstructions of ceramic vessels
- 7. Illustrations of whole ceramic vessels, drawing of large artefacts – reduced measure.
- 8. Illustrations of stone artefacts: polished axe
- 9., 10. Illustrations of metal artefacts: iron objects.
- 11., 12. Illustrations of metal artefacts: bronze objects
- 13. How make a final table of drawings, prepared to publication. (Cuting and mounting drawings or using scanner and PC – graphic programs).
- 14. Completion of the course – delivering a final table of drawings. Credits.
- GAWRYSIAK-LESZCYŃSKA, Wiesława. Jak rysować zabytki archeologiczne : podstawowe zasady dokumentacji. Edited by Danuta Jaskanis. Gąsava: Biskupin, 2003. 195 s. ISBN 839154902X. info
- Teaching methods
- class exercises
- Assessment methods
- Type of teaching and completion. Completion requirements. (in English):
Class exercises, credit.
Completion requirements –
be engaged in lessons
give a final table of drawings
(Ceramic artefacts - at least 4 drawings: a sherd, decorations and handles, a reconstruction, a whole vessel, a large vessel – reduced size; stone artefacts – at least 1 drawing: polished axe; metal artefacts – at least 3 drawings: iron and bronze artefacts) Practical control test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.