FF:PBSNJA1 Qualitative survey - Course Information
PBSNJA1 Qualitative surveyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Klára Šeďová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Roman Švaříček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Bc. Zuzana Šalamounová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ivana Klusáková
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 10:50–12:25 U36
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Social Education and Counselling (programme FF, N-PD)
- Course objectives
- The course is designed for students interested in theoretical and practical introduction to qualitative research methodology. The axis of the course consists in individual, step-by-step guided work on a student’s research project. Students acquire basic skills of qualitative research project planning, data collection tools preparation, and data collection and processing
- 1. Theoretical and methodological basics of qualitative research 2. Possibilities and limits of qualitative research 3. Qualitative research design 4. Qualitative research phases and their planning 5. Data collection techniques 6. Conduct and recording of interviews 7. Qualitative analysis of data: open coding 8. Qualitative analysis of data: analytical story coding frame 9. Report writing 10. Quality criteria in qualitative research
- HOLLIDAY, Adrian. Doing and writing qualitative research. London: SAGE, 2002. xi, 211. ISBN 0761963928. info
- STRAUSS, Anselm and Juliet CORBINOVÁ. Základy kvalitativního výzkumu : postupy a techniky metody zakotvené teorie. Vyd. 1. Boskovice: Albert, 1999. 196 s. ISBN 80-85834-60-X. info
- HENDL, Jan. Úvod do kvalitativního výzkumu. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1997. 243 s. ISBN 8071845493. info
- DISMAN, Miroslav. Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost : příručka pro uživatele. Praha: Karolinum, 1993. 374 stran. ISBN 8071841412. info
- KUČERA, Miloš. Školní etnografie : přehled problematiky. Praha: Pedagogická fakulta Univerzity Karlovy, 1992. 28 s. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is organized as a combination of in-class seminar work, independent work and work in groups with e-learning support.
- Assessment methods
- A timely submission of all assignments during the semester is required. A final defense of a completed research report.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.