FF:PGBK118 Presentation workshop - Course Information
PGBK118 Presentation workshopFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Ingrid Procházková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Sucháček (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jiří Zounek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Michal Racyn (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jiří Zounek, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Petr Sucháček
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:00–15:40 B2.21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/16, only registered: 0/16
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Pedagogy (programme FF, B-PG_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The presentation workshop aims to improve the presentation skills of the students, both technical (the ability to create a good presentation) and rhetorical.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to: - clearly define the topic and purpose of the presentation - meaningfully and purposefully structure the ideas within the presentation - use a wide range of presentation software tools - present a high-quality conference format presentation - give and receive relevant feedback
- Introduction to the course and its philosophy Working with the theme of the presentation Goal of the presentation Presentation structure Appearance of the presentation Technology and presentation Student output, discussion about presentations and feedback Pecha kucha session Final meeting Presentation workshop meeting (voluntary informal event at the end of the semester for all Presentation Workshop and Improvisation Workshop seminar groups)
- recommended literature
- DUARTE, Nancy. Slide:ology. 2008.
- ANDERSON, Chris. TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking. 2016.
- not specified
- The complete guide to public speaking. Edited by Jeffrey P. Davidson. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2003. xi, 324 p. ISBN 0471236071. info
- ROCK, David. Quiet leadership : six steps to transforming performance at work : help people thing better - don´t tell them what to do. 1st Collins paperback ed. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 2007. xxiii, 262. ISBN 9780060835910. info
- On dialogue. Edited by David Bohm - Lee Nichol. New York: Routledge, 1996. xviii, 101. ISBN 0415149126. info
- Teaching methods
- Full-time classes in workshop format Home preparation of presentations
- Assessment methods
- Up to 2 absences are allowed Conference format presentation (10 min + discussion) Pecha Kucha presentation (20 slides, 10 seconds each, automatic slide transition)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět je určen pouze pro studenty bakalářského studia oboru Pedagogika.
- Teacher's information