FF:PGK44B61 Theory ZRU - Course Information
PGK44B61 The Theory of Experiential Reflective LearningFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 10/14/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Bohumíra Lazarová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Jan Nehyba, Ph.D. (lecturer), Mgr. Klára Záleská, Ph.D. (deputy)
doc. Mgr. Radim Šíp, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Karla Brücknerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Klára Harvánková (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Zuzana Vařejková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Karla Brücknerová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- The course attempts to map through the various experts from the Czech Republic theoretical mycelium experiential reflective learning as one of the many components of personality and social development approaches to bring together into a meaningful whole. The essential idea of course is that it is only based on good theory can build good practice and that the application is a prerequisite for understanding.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 1/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Education (programme FF, N-PD)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course is student able to: explain and compare various theories in the field of pedagogy, psychology, sociology and philosophy, who have significantly contributed to shaping the concept of experiential reflective learning (J. Dewey, K. Lewin, D. Kolb,A. Brockbank, D. Sugerman, J. Moon, D. Schön etc.); use this theoretical framework of experiential reflective learning to reflect on practice.
- • Experience + Reflection = Social personality development? The truth and the myths in the reflective experiential learning. (lector: Jan Kolář/Jan Nehyba) • Humanistic approach and its role in the reflective experiential learning (Rogers; encounter groups; Csikszentmihalyi) (lector: O. Tegze) • Pragmatic pedagogy and psychology as the basis of the reflective experiential learning (Mead, Dewey) (lector: R. Šíp) • Constructivism - the principles of thinking, learning and experience (lector: Z. Macek) • D. Kolb´s Experiential learning and D. Schön´s reflective practice and their importance for the reflective experiential learning (lector: J. Kolář) • Current sources of the reflective experiential learning (Mezirow, Boud, McGill, Broackbank, Priest, Gass, Nadler, Moon) (lector: J. Nehyba) • K. Lewin and his sense for the reflective experiential learning – action research, group dynamics, T–groups (lector: V. Bareš)
- HROCH, Jaroslav, Radim ŠÍP, Roman MADZIA and Ondřej FUNDA. Pragmatismus a dekonstrukce v anglo-americké filozofii (Pragmatism and Deconstruction in the Anglo-American Philosophy). 1. vyd. Brno: Paido, 2010. 328 pp. sv. 315. ISBN 978-80-7315-205-5. info
- DEWEY, John. How we think. Champaign, IL: Book Jungle, 2007. vi, 224. ISBN 1594627541. info
- Adult education and lifelong learning : theory and practice. Edited by Peter Jarvis. 3rd ed. London: RoutledgeFalmer, 2004. xvii, 382. ISBN 9780415314930. info
- ARGYRIS, Chris and Donald A. SCHÖN. Organizational learning. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1996. xxix, 305. ISBN 0201629836. info
- SCHÖN, Donald A. Educating the reflective practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987. xvii, 355. ISBN 1555422209. info
- KOLB, David A. Experiential Learning: Experience as the Source of Learning and Development. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1984. info
- DEWEY, John. Demokracie a výchova. V Praze: Jan Laichter, 1932. info
- DEWEY, John. Rekonstrukce ve filosofii : autorisovaný překlad s dodatky o pragmatismu . Praha: Sfinx Bohumil Janda, 1929. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, group discussion, individual home work
- Assessment methods
- Active participation is required, as well written examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/PGK44B61