FF:PHV423en Wittgenstein: Selected Chapter - Course Information
PHV423en Wittgenstein: Selected ChapterFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Dr. phil. Jakub Mácha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Dr. phil. Jakub Mácha, Ph.D.
Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 14:00–15:40 B2.42
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- basic familiarity with English language,
the course is suitable for exchange students,
domestic students of philosophy should enroll first "PHA0105 Ludwig Wittgenstein: An introduction to his philosophy".
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 34 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- The aim of this course is to present a very basic introduction into some parergonal themes from Wittgenstein's thought: ethics, mysticism, religion, mathematics, epistemic certainty, philosophy of art, aesthetics, music, colors.
- Learning outcomes (in Czech)
- At the end of the course students should be able to understand extended tenets of Ludwig Wittgenstein's thinking.
- Syllabus (in Czech)
- 1. Life and work
- 2. Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
- 3. Philosophical Investigations
- 4. Ethics
- 5. Religion, mysticism, mythology
- 6. Intentionality
- 7. Epistemic certainty, skepticism
- 8. Colors, perception, aspect seeing
- 9. Mathematics (numbers, proofs, infinity)
- 10. Art, aesthetics, music
- 11. Antropology
- WITTGENSTEIN, Ludwig. Werkausgabe : [in 8 Bänden] [Wittgenstein]. Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp,. info
- WITTGENSTEIN, Ludwig. Vortrag über Ethik und andere kleine Schriften. Edited by Joachim Schulte. 2. Aufl. Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp, 1991. 142 s. ISBN 3-518-28370-7. info
- WITTGENSTEIN, Ludwig. Tractatus logico-philosophicus. Edited by Bertrand Russell, Translated by D. F. Pears - Brian F. McGuinness. 2nd ed. of this translation,. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1972. xxii, 166. ISBN 0-7100-3004-5. info
- WITTGENSTEIN, Ludwig. Prototractatus :an early version of Tractatus logico-philosophicus. Edited by Brian F. McGuinness - T. Nyberg - Georg Henrik von Wright, Translated. 1st publ. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University Press, 1971. 256 s., [1. ISBN 0-8014-0610-2. info
- WITTGENSTEIN, Ludwig. The philosophical investigations [Wittgenstein, 1968]. Edited by George Pitcher. London: Macmillan, 1968. x, 510 s. ISBN 3-330-70429-2. info
- Teaching methods (in Czech)
- lectures, class discussion, guest lectures
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- oral exam, class attendance (max two missed classes)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinovaná forma: 16 hodin/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PHV423en