FF:PJV020 Independent Reading PL Fiction - Course Information
PJV020 Independent Reading of Polish FictionFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Michal Przybylski (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Michal Przybylski
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 8 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/8, only registered: 0/8
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This course is aimed at independent reading of contemporary Polish prose or drama in Czech or Slovak translation. The objective is to become familiar with selected key works of Polish literature, its renowned authors and the topics its deals with.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to
define the main themes in selected works of Polish literature;
explain the social and cultural context of the selected works;
demonstrate the knowledge of selected works of Polish literature and their topics in analytical text;
compare the selected topics of chosen literary works in analytical text;
formulate their opinions in scholarly discussion.
- No regular classes – the course is based on self-study of selected literary works. Due to the nature of the course (individual reading) the coursework is based on the students’ individual work. Regular consultations about read novels and their topics, however, are recommended.
- BURKOT, Stanisław. Literatura polska, 1939-2009. Wyd. 3., zmienione. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, 2010. 527 s. ISBN 9788301162894. info
- Literatura polska 1989-2009 : przewodnik. Edited by Piotr Marecki. Krakow: Korporacja ha!art, 2010. 412 s. ISBN 9788362574131. info
- Literatura polska 1990-2000. Edited by Tomasz Cieślak - Krystyna Pietrych. Kraków: Zielona Sowa, 2003. 457 s. ISBN 8373895167. info
- Literatura polska 1990-2000. Edited by Tomasz Cieślak - Krystyna Pietrych. Kraków: Zielona sowa, 2003. 399 s. ISBN 8373895159. info
- ŚLIWIŃSKI, Piotr and Przemysław CZAPLIŃSKI. Literatura Polska, 1976-1998 : przewodnik po prozie i poezji. Wyd. 1. Kraów: Wydawnictwo Literackie, 1999. 428 s. ISBN 8308028578. info
- Teaching methods
- Self-study and reading of selected literary and scholarly works, individual work on final essay. Individual tutorials – consultations on demand.
- Assessment methods
- A critical essay (4 pages typed) and an interview will serve as a basis for assessment.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: četba a konzultace.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis studentů z jiných programů než Polská studia je podmíněn souhlasem vyučujícího.