FF:PLIN034 Algorithmic Descr. of Syntax - Course Information
PLIN034 Algorithmic Description of SyntaxFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Miloš Jakubíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 12:30–14:05 G13
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to provide the students with state-of-the-art in formal description of syntax with regard to its computational processing and automatic syntactic analysis (parsing). Students will be able to understand and use formal methods for description of syntax together with related methods and algorithms for syntactic analysis.
- historical overview, motivation, sentence and its surface structure
- shallow and deep analysis
- dependency and phrasal syntax
- advanced grammatical formalisms (HPSG, LFG, TAG, CCG)
- syntactically annotated text corpora (treebanks)
- evaluation methods for parsing quality
- applications of parsing
- Teaching methods
- lectures, exercises
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2016/PLIN034