FF:PLIN040 A Thesis Seminar, Pt. II - Course Information
PLIN040 A Thesis Seminar, Pt. IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Adam Rambousek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Vít Baisa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marek Grác, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dana Hlaváčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Miloš Jakubíček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Kosek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Vojtěch Kovář, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Michal Křístek, M.Phil., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Zuzana Nevěřilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Klára Osolsobě, Dr. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Rychnovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Jarmila Vojtová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Markéta Ziková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech Language with Orientation on Computational Linguistics (programme FF, N-FI)
- Course objectives
- The seminar should help the students finish their Master’s thesis and prepare them for its successful defence.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
deal with their assignments, create an outline and schedule of work;
find and use relevant literature according to the thematic focus of their work;
collect relevant data using adequate methods;
describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate such data;
present their results;
write thesis in the required range and quality in accordance with linguistic and formal requirements.
- Further preparation of the Master’s thesis.
- 1. Collecting data (if the topic of the thesis requires it).
- 2. Getting acquainted with the sources.
- 3. Using computer tools.
- 4. Analysing the problem and formulating adequate conclusions.
- Literatura je stanovována na základě výběru tématu práce.
- Teaching methods
- The timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis. Students attend the seminar organized by their supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations.
- Language of instruction