FF:PLIN065 Tools for theories - Course Information
PLIN065 Tools for theoriesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Michal Starke, Docteur es Lettres (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Michal Starke, Docteur es Lettres
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:00–15:40 G13
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 4/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- 1. Learn programming 2. Start a small computational linguistics project
- Learning outcomes (in Czech)
- This seminar will help you with:
- learn basic programming
For those doing a more advanced project:
- the skills of real world programming for a concrete and useful project;
- the skills of transforming an abstract conceptual issue into practical steps, in new and unexplored domains;
- thinking about theoretical linguistics issues in terms that maximise the usefulness of automatic searching and automatic calculations (science often advances thanks to the availability of new tools, and that hasn't happened much in theoretical syntax/morphology yet, so this is an excellent opportunity)
- Teaching methods (in Czech)
- Each student will work on the subproject(s) that are most appropriate to their knowledge and interest. Note that much of this class will take place ONLINE (but the first seminars will be in a classroom)
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Participation, and progress on your programming project. There is no exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PLIN065