FF:PSBA022 Psychopathology - Course Information
PSBA022 PsychopathologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Mojmír Svoboda, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- PSBA010 Neuroscience
PSBA010 Neuroscience The course follows up and complements the courses of General Psychology and Psychology of Personality.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, B-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to inform students about the basic psychological functioning disorders, about the systematic classification of this disorders, and about their continuity with the non-pathological parts (characteristics/processes) of the mind.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to:
- identify the basic psychological functioning disorders;
- describe the systematic classification of the basic psychological functioning disorders;
- distinguish disorders of the basic psychological functioning from the non-pathological characteristics/processes of the mind.
- Issues and topics:
- The definition of the field, its classification within the system of science,
- Systematic classification of human mental disorders,
- Aetiology of mental disorders,
- Disorders of perception,
- Attention disorders,
- Memory disorders,
- Thought disorders,
- Speech disorders,
- Disorders of intellectual ability,
- Disorders of emotions,
- Behavioural disorders,
- Disorders of consciousness,
- Personality disorders,
- Incidence and epidemiology of mental disorders,
- Types of therapy (brief overview).
- required literature
- Svoboda,M. /ed./, Češková, E., Kučerová, H. ( 2006): Psychopatologie a psychiatrie pro psychology. Praha, Portál.
- SMOLÍK, P. (2002). Duševní a behaviorální poruchy: průvodce klasifikací, nástin nozologie, diagnostika. Praha: Maxdorf.
- recommended literature
- Höschl, C., Libiger, J., Švestka, J. (2002). Psychiatrie. Praha: Tigis.
- Raboch, J., Zvolský, P. et al. (2001). Psychiatrie. Praha, Galén.
- Dörner, K., Plog, U. (1999). Bláznit je lidské. Praha: Grada.
- Dušek, K., Chromý, K., Janík, K., Kalvach, Z. (1975). První pomoc v psychiatrii. Praha: Avicenum.
- Teaching methods
- Teaching is realized as lectures which contains some practical examples or case studies.
- Assessment methods
- Teaching proceeds two teaching hours once a week. This course is completed with a credit and an exam. Finalization is the standard oral exam. Psychopathology is a part of the B.A. examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/PSBA022