FF:PSBB034 Fundamentals of Crisis Interv. - Course Information
PSBB034 Fundamentals of Crisis InterventionFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Júlia Tkáčová (lecturer)
Mgr. Barbora Chlpeková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 18:00–19:40 C51
The prerequisite for this course is independent continuous study of literature in the syllabus and active participation on the course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 12 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/12, only registered: 3/12
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, B-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students will have basic information about the crisis, its typology, and helping people in crisis situations. The seminar is practically focused, students will acquire basic skills in crisis intervention, especially the ability to establish contact with a client, to map the contract with a client and work with emotions.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students will be familiar with the basics of the crisis intervention. They will be able to describe basic theoretical knowledge about the crisis, its definition, and understand possibilities of intervention. They will be able to recognize and identify specifics of the crisis intervention in various situations (crying, anxiety, aggression,), various types of clients (child, adolescent, adult) and understand the basic principles of helping people in crisis.
- Definition of a crisis: Crisis and its function in human life, types of crises, the course of the crisis; Methods of coping with crises, crisis intervention as a creative proces; Prinicples of crisis intervention: establishing of contact with a client, mapping of a contract; Working with emotions: shame, crying, anxiety, fear, anger; Specifics of crisis intervention with the children and adolescent clients; Specifics of crisis intervention with senior clients; Selected topics in crisis intervention; Specifics of telephone crisis intervention, chat intervention, and face-to-face intervention; Ethics in crisis intervention; Mental hygiene of crisis intervention.
- required literature
- VODÁČKOVÁ, Daniela. Krizová intervence. 3. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2012. 543 s. ISBN 9788026202127. info
- recommended literature
- BROŽ, Filip and Daniela VODÁČKOVÁ. Krizová intervence v kazuistikách. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2015. 166 stran. ISBN 9788026208112. info
- ŠPATENKOVÁ, Naděžda. Krizová intervence pro praxi. 2., aktualiz. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2011. 195 s. ISBN 9788024726243. info
- ŠPATENKOVÁ, Naděžda. Krize a krizová intervence : průběh krize, psychologická první pomoc, proces krizové intervence, krize jako šance a/nebo ztráta. Vydání 1. Praha: Grada, 2017. 285 stran. ISBN 9788024753270. info
- KNOPPOVÁ, Daniela, Radvan BAHBOUH and Bohumila BAŠTECKÁ. Telefonická krizová intervence : linka důvěry. Praha: Nadace psychosociální pomoci REMEDIUM, 1997. 303 s. info
- JEDLIČKA, Richard. Poruchy socializace u dětí a dospívajících : prevence životních selhání a krizová intervence. Vydání 1. Praha: Grada, 2015. 544 stran. ISBN 9788024754475. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation, practical exercises in groups focused on gaining basic competencies and giving feedback. Active participation in the practical and theoretical part of the course is expected.
- Assessment methods
- There are several requirements for the successful completion of the course: 75% attendance and active approach to theoretical and practical parts of the course. The final evaluation will take the form of a discussion on a given topic.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information
- The language of the course is Slovak. To enroll successfully in the course, i tis neccessary to request for registration of the course. Applications will be considered from the 1st of February 2020.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/PSBB034