FF:PSDPSV1 Lit. Review and Research I - Course Information
PSDPSV1 Literature Review and Research IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jana Marie Havigerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Martina Hřebíčková, Dr., DSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Alena Slezáčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Radovan Šikl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Urbánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, D-PSYCH_) (2)
- Course objectives
- In this course, doctoral students conduct a literature review for their doctoral research project. The literature review then serves as a basis for the formulation and further specification of their research goals, questions, and hypotheses, selection of research methodology, as well as later discussion of obtained research results. The course also involves outlining and elaborating on the proposals of students' doctoral research projects. The form, content and extent of the subject's output is approved by the supervisor according to the research plan of the dissertation. The output must be listed / planned in the student's individual study plan.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the ability to independently identify, accumulate, select and process/analyze resources (research studies, reviews, monographs, etc.) relevant to their doctoral research projects. They will be able to formulate research problems and questions based on the state-or-the-art theory and research, specify research goals, and analyse, synthesise and critically evaluate theories, approaches, arguments, and findings applicable to their own research project. Students will subsequently use all this information in outlining and elaboration of their own research projects.
- Due to the content of the subject the curriculum can not be specified - the curriculum is determined by the supervisor.
- required literature
- Citační manuál podle APA
- Relevantní české i zahraniční elektronické zdroje a odborná periodika.
- recommended literature
- Seznam literatury se odvíjí od tématu disertační práce.
- Teaching methods
- theoretical background, consultation
- Assessment methods
- Students obtain a credit for successful completion of the course. Students are required to consult their progress on their doctoral research projects with their supervisors and submit the required outputs by the deadlines that are set by the supervisors individually.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/PSDPSV1