FF:PSD_DP Doctoral dissertation - Course Information
PSD_DP Doctoral dissertationFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 25 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Kateřina Bartošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jaroslava Dosedlová, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jana Marie Havigerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Anton Heretik, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Martina Hřebíčková, Dr., DSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavel Humpolíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Irena Komendová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Alena Slezáčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Mojmír Svoboda, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Čeněk Šašinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Urbánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Lubomír Vašina, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course involves the completion and submission of a doctoral dissertation on a topic specified by the supervisor that meets the requirements for doctoral dissertations in the field.
Basic general requirements for doctoral dissertations are stated in the Study and Examination Regulations of Masaryk University as of June 27, 2017 (with effect from September 1, 2017), Part Four: Studies in a Doctoral Degree Programme, Section 31: Doctoral Thesis (https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/official-notice-board/mu-study-and-examination-regulations).
Basic requirements on a doctoral dissertation: The dissertation must contain original and published research or research accepted for publication. The student must demonstrate the ability of conducting research independently, which involves critically evaluating relevant theories, integrating knowledge from a large body of relevant literature, proposing adequate research design(s) for addressing the research questions, and implementing the proposal by collecting and correctly analysing data and discussing the results adequately, including potential applications and further research directions.
The recommended length of a doctoral dissertation is 180,000 characters.
- Learning outcomes
- The outcome of the course is a completed doctoral dissertation ready for submission for evaluation. The student will prove the ability of independent scientific work and will be able to: critically evaluate the relevant theoretical starting points of the thesis, synthesize the knowledge of the relevant professional literature, propose the research design of the work, and then implement the own research project (in accordance with the principles of ethics of psychological research) how to analyze and discuss its outcomes, possibly propose appropriate measures or further research direction in the field.
- Basic requirements on a doctoral dissertation:
- The dissertation must contain original and published research or research accepted for publication.
- Seznam literárních pramenů se řídí zadaným tématem disertační práce.
- Teaching methods
- Consultations with the dissertation supervisor
- Assessment methods
- Credit for the course is awarded by the supervisor. The dissertation must be continuously consulted with the dissertation supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/PSD_DP