FF:PSD_OP1 Academic Publication I - Course Information
PSD_OP1 Academic Publication IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 20 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Kateřina Bartošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jaroslava Dosedlová, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jana Marie Havigerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Anton Heretik, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Martina Hřebíčková, Dr., DSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavel Humpolíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Irena Komendová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Alena Slezáčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Mojmír Svoboda, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Čeněk Šašinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Urbánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Lubomír Vašina, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The purpose of the course is to introduce doctoral students, as future researchers, to scientific/academic reporting and publication practice. The subject is focused on the development of relevant scientific competencies. The course involves completing a scientific manuscript under the continuous supervision of a senior researcher and submitting the manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal or peer-reviewed conference proceedings. The form, content and extent of the subject's output is approved by the supervisor according to the research plan of the dissertation. The output must be listed / planned in the student's individual study plan.
- Learning outcomes
- In this course students demonstrate their ability to prepare a research thesis project, including the research design and methods, by working with specialized texts and relevant academic sources. He will be able to present, discuss and defend partial and final results of his doctoral thesis in a form of a paper in domestic or foreign peer-reviewed journals (proceedings).
- Due to the content of the subject the curriculum can not be specified - the curriculum is determined by the supervisor.
- required literature
- Relevantní české i zahraniční elektronické zdroje a odborná periodika, případně seznam zdrojů zadaných školitelem.
- Seznam literárních zdrojů se odvíjí od tématu zadané disertační práce.
- recommended literature
- Mack, Ch., A. (2018). How to Write a Good Scientific Paper. SPIE, Bellingham, Washington, 108 pg
- Teaching methods
- theoretical background, consultation
- Assessment methods
- Credit. Students are required to submit to their tutor a text version of their professional contribution. They will identify the source and the extent to which the paper will be published and present the confirmation of its acceptance for publication.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.