FF:PSX_004 Social psychology - Course Information
PSX_004 Social psychologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Mgr. Jiří Čeněk, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jaroslava Dosedlová, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Krpoun, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Kukaňová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Iveta Ondroušková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Tlapáková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Pavel Humpolíček, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, M-PS) (4)
- Course objectives
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to define social psychology as the area of psychology which deals with the study of social behaviour and the mental experience of individuals in social context. Students will have a general knowledge of themes social cognition, causal attribution, self-system, interpersonal communication, social processes in group and culture. Students will demonstrate a functional understanding of discussed processes because the topics are shown in their relation to the world in which the instructor and the students live.
- 1. Introduction into social psychology
- Subject of study SP, SP in the context of related disciplines. History of SP. Basic trends in SP of 20th century, current influential paradigms. Research methods in SP, possibilities of application in SP.
- 2.Social cognition
- a) social perception and categorization.
- Associationist and constructivist models of social cognition. Scheme of processes of social perception. First impression versus complex review. Creating of impressions of other people, connection between perception and motivation. Distortions and mistakes in social perception. Connection between perception and attribution processes.
- b)self-relationship as a product of social interaction - cognitive, affective and behavioral components of self-system
- 3. Social Communication.
- Communication process. Syntax, semantics, pragmatics. Verbal end nonverbal communication.Communication styles and relationships. Communication axioms (Watzlawick, Bavelas, Haley, Jackson). Determinants of the efficient communication, assertivity.
- 4. Social processes in groups
- a) Microsocial processes
- Basic characteristics of the small group. Group development, group dynamics. Leadership styles. Social influence (social facilitation, loafing, deindividuation, group polarization).
- b) Macrosocial processes
- Introduction to the intercultural psychology (Hofstede). Ethnic relations.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- European Journal of Social Psychology
- Journal of Social Psychology
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Individual consultations - every months. Oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Výuka probíhá formou konzultací s příslušným vyučujícím.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět je určen pouze zahraničním studentům psychologie.