FF:RLBcA016 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar III - Course Information
RLBcA016 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar IIIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Aleš Chalupa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Cigán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Milan Fujda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Radek Kundt, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Dalibor Papoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Valtrová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Iva Doležalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jana Valtrová, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- RLBcA015 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Study of Religions (programme FF, B-RL_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on the preparation of an advanced provisional version of the bachelor's thesis by a student through regular consultations with the thesis supervisor. The frequency of these consultations depends on the needs of the student and takes into account the level of student's progress. I this course, an advanced provisional version of a bachelor's thesis means a thesis that is practically completed regarding the content but requires further minor modifications based on the supervisor's feedback or partial formal corrections and final proofreading. Based on supervisor's feedback, a final version of the bachelor's thesis is prepared and later submitted as an outcome of the follow-up course RLBcP (Bachelor´s thesis).
- Learning outcomes
- After the successful completion of this course, a student:
- will be able to compose an academic text in the form of bachelor's thesis;
- will be able reflect the supervisor's feedback and recommendations and incorporate them in a final version of bachelor's thesis;
- will be able to find a suitable citation system and use it consistently and correctly throughout the bachelor's thesis;
- will be able to prepare a text of bachelor's thesis that will meet all the requirements obligatory for the academic texts in humanities and social sciences.
- Individual consultations with the thesis supervisor; work on the preparation of an advanced provisional version of bachelor's thesis.
- required literature
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Translated by Ivan Seidl. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 8071981737. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual work of the student on the preparation of an advanced provisional version of bachelor's thesis in close collaboration with the thesis supervisor; reaction to an expert feedback from the supervisor and finalization of the text according to all formal requirements mandatory for bachelor's thesis.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium is awarded by the course coordinator after the consultation with a particulat thesis supervisor.
Conditions for the successful completion of the course:
- The timely submission of an advanced provisional version of bachelor's thesis and its acceptance by the thesis supervisor (100%).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Posluchači religionistiky povinně zapisují ve 6. semestru studia.