FF:RLDTP2 Writing a Draft Article - Course Information
RLDTP2 Writing a Draft ArticleFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 20 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Dalibor Papoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Cigán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Radek Kundt, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- RLDS3 Doctoral Seminar III || NOW ( RLDS3 Doctoral Seminar III )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Study of Religions (programme FF, D-PH4) (2)
- Course objectives
- In this course, students prepare a draft article for publication under the guidance of their supervisor (alternatively in co-authorship with her/him), submit it for feedback, and rework it based on the feedback they get from their supervisor and the course coordinator.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- choose a substantial and sufficiently independent topic within their own doctoral research project, contributing to a particular debate and publishable in the form of an article;
- write a draft article complying with the standards of academic publishing and based on original research;
- work efficiently with constructive criticism of their own texts.
- Meeting with the supervisor, discussion on the article project.
- Beginning to write the draft article.
- Finishing the draft article.
- Revising the article at least four times.
- Submitting the article to the supervisor.
- Getting her/his feedback.
- Reworking the draft article based on the supervisor’s feedback.
- Submitting the draft article for the final evaluation.
- Finishing the draft article for submission to a journal.
- recommended literature
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2009. 209 pp. Studijní texty, 34. svazek. ISBN 978-80-86429-40-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Home reading, preparation of a draft article under the guidance of the supervisor, modifications of the draft article.
- Assessment methods
- Before the exam term published in the IS MU, participants of the course submit an article with footnotes, finished based on the supervisor’s feedback and prepared for submission to a peer-reviewed scholarly journal. The articles are submitted through the Homework Vault in the IS MU. The assesment criterion is the scholarly as well as formal quality of the final article (100 percent).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/RLDTP2