FF:ROM0B131 Society and culture in CA - Course Information
ROM0B131 Society and Culture of Central American CountriesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Athena Alchazidu, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Milada Malá, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Milada Malá, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- each even Tuesday 8:00–9:40 K33
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 72 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The cours offers a complex view of the contemporary social situation in some Spanish speaking coutries of Central America.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be acquainted not only with so-called high culture (art, architecture, literature, music and film) but also with folklore. Attention will be paid to the traditions and customs that form part of the everyday life of the majority society and numerous ethnic minorities in the countries of Central America. The approach used in Cultural anthropology will be used.
- 1. Introduction 2. Historical developement 3. Guatemala 4. Honduras. 5. El Salvador. 6. Nicaragua. 7. Costa Rica 8. Panama 9. Final evaluation.
- BETHELL, Leslie, Historia de América Latina. Tomo 1. América Latina Colonial. Madrid, Crítica, 2003
- HALPERÍN DONGHI, Tulio (1998). Historia contemporánea de América Latina. Madrid:Alianza
- PÉREZ MURILLO, María Dolores (2003). Introducción a la Historia de América: altas culturas y bases de la colonización española.
- Teaching methods
- Ninety minutes classes. Combination of master classes and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Requirements: a) regular homework (in Elf); b) activity in clases., c) final test (70% success rate).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/ROM0B131