FF:ROMDH001 Research Sem. - Dept. Series - Course Information
ROMDH001 Research Seminar - Departmental SeriesFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Spring 2021
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/5/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. José Luis Bellón Aguilera, PhD. (lecturer)
PhDr. Athena Alchazidu, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Ivo Buzek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Christophe Gérard L. Cusimano (lecturer)
doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavla Doležalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Petr Dytrt, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Kyloušek, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Alena Polická, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Cristina Rodríguez García, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jan Seidl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Silvie Špánková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniel Vázquez Touriňo, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Vurm, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. José Luis Bellón Aguilera, PhD.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. José Luis Bellón Aguilera, PhD.
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Lecuters will be held mainly in English language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 34 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In this course you are introduced to the conceptual and technical tools used in the study of different fields of Romance studies: textual criticism, linguistics, history of literature, dialectology, history of language, etc. Every class focuses on peculiar topics. You will acquire basic knowledge in the field of Romance studies, but also get in touch with first-hand research and research methods. Since the topics dealt with change every semester, you can follow this course repetitively. The topic of the course depends on the research programme of the teachers and possibly guest lecturers.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course you will have a first hand idea of what doing research means, by attending to specialised lectures provided by highly qualified researchers in different fields of Romance studies; you will be able to deal with concrete problems and work with specialised bibliography and other scientific tools.
- - textual criticism (Romance philology) - history of Romance literatures - history of Romance languages - Romance linguistics - dialectology
- Ernst Robert Curtius, European literature and the Latin Middle Ages
- Erich Auerbach, Mimesis : the representation of reality in Western literature
- Teaching methods
- The course consists of:
lectures, mainly in English, of the internal seminar (Wednesday afternoon).
- Assessment methods
- Preparation of reading assignment.
You have to attend the 70% of the lectures at least and write one summary and/or essay (between 2000 and 3000 characters) within one of the topics that have been dealt with.
In the case of an attendance to the lectures lower than 70% and anyway no lower than 60%, you will be asked to write one further summary on another one of the topics dealt with in the classes (between 2000 and 3000 characters).
Preparazione di letture assegnate. Frequenza minima del 70% delle lezioni. Scrittura di 1 relazione/saggio (tra 2000 e 3000 caratteri) nell'ambito di uno degli argomenti trattati. In caso di partecipazione alle lezioni inferiore al 70% e comunque non inferiore al 60%, si richiederà la scrittura di un'ulteriore relazione su un altro dei temi trattati (tra 2000 e 3000 caratteri).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every other week.
- Teacher's information
- Contact person: doc. José Luis Bellón Aguilera, PhD., učo 116683