FF:RSb008 Practical Phonetics of Russian - Course Information
RSb008 Practical Phonetics of RussianFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Olga Berger, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Taťána Juříčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Taťána Juříčková, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Jiří Gazda, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- RSb008/01: Tue 14:00–15:40 B2.51, T. Juříčková
RSb008/02: Tue 10:00–11:40 B2.33, T. Juříčková
RSb008/03: Mon 8:00–9:40 D33, O. Berger
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This one-semester course is mainly focused on practice of the correct Russian pronunciation. It is based on the basic theoretical problems of the Russian phonetics and phonology. From the practical point of view the students will get acquainted with the list of Russian vowels, their combination theory, word and sentence stress and Russian intonation. The practice is based on parallel comparison of Czech and the Russian phonetics. The main emphasis is put on formation of right skills in the sphere of practical Russian phonetics (transcription, pronunciation, intonation). Students will get acquainted with the Russian orthoepic norm. These linguistic phenomena are learnt orally and in writing. The course is in Russian language.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, the student will be able:
- to describe articulation characteristics of Russian vowels in stressed and unstressed position;
- to determine which reductions are vowels subjected (in which position in the word);
- to deal with correct articulation of Russian vowels;
- to record familiar and unfamiliar words with transcription and after that to read them;
- to avoid mistakes caused by differences of Russian and Czech phonetical systems;
- to reproduce texts with the most possible pronunciation;
- to deal with correct intonation according to the sentence type (declarative, interrogative, imperative, exclamatory).
- 1. Phonetics and phonology. Their content, the difference between them. Phonetics and its meaning when studying foreign language.
- 2. Oral and written speech, transcription, transliteration. Russian vowels and their forms.
- 3. The main types of reduction. Reduction of vowels after hard consonants. Phonetical exercises: the first level of reduction [a, o] after hard consonants, transcription training.
- 4. Phonetical exercises [a, o] after hard consonants at the second level of reduction. Phonetical exercises [e] after hard consonants, transcription training.
- 5. Reduction of [a, o] after soft consonants, transcription training.
- 6. The system of Russian consonants. The classification of consonants in Russian language. Hard consonants [ж], [ш] and [ц], transcription training.
- 7. Soft consonants [ч'] and [ш':], transcription training.
- 8. Sound aspect of sentences in connected speech. Suprasegmental elements, rhythm and melodic.
- 9. Intonation in different types of sentences.
- 10. Intonation in different types of sentences.
- recommended literature
- VORONCOVA, Vera Leonidovna, Svetlana Nikolajevna BORUNOVA and Natal'ja Aleksandrovna JES'KOVA. Orfoepičeskij slovar` russkogo jazyka : proiznošenie, udarenie, grammatičeskie formy : okolo 63500 slov. Edited by R. I. Avanesov. Moskva: Izdatel'stvo Russkij jazyk, 1983. 702 s. info
- BRYZGUNOVA, Jelena Andrejevna. Zvuki i intonacija russkoj reči [Bryzgunova, 1981]. Moskva: Russkij jazyk, 1981. info
- LJUBIMOVA, Nina Aleksandrovna. Obučenije russkomu proiznošeniju : artikuljacija, postanovka i korrekcija russkich zvukov. Moskva: Russkij jazyk, 1977. info
- AVANESOV, Ruben Ivanovič. Russkoje literaturnoje proiznošenije : učebnoje posobije dlja studentov pedagogičeskich institutov. Izd. 5e, pererab. i doplnenn. Moskva: Prosveščenije, 1972. 414 s. info
- not specified
- Kuzněcova, M. I., 5000 primerov po russkomu jazyku. Bezudarnyje glasnyje. Moskva: Izdatěľstvo Ekzamen, 2011.
- Čauzova, L. I., Fonetičeskij praktikum po russkomu jazyku dlja studěntov – inostrancev, Moskva: Izdatěľstvo Rossijskogo universitěta družby narodov, 1997
- Kornienko, E. R., Russkaja fonetika šag za šagom, Moskva: Izdatěľstvo Rossijskogo universitěta družby narodov, 2005.
- OLIVERIUS, Zdeněk F. Fonetika russkogo jazyka [Oliverius, 1987]. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1987. info
- ROMPORTL, Milan. Stručná fonetika ruštiny. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1973. 175 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Listening exercises, transcription training, tests during the semester, home work.
- Assessment methods
- Credit in a form of written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/RSb008