FF:RSn061 Language Practice II - Course Information
RSn061 Language Practice IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Anna Agapova, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Taťjana Zaňko (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Polina Zolina, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Jiří Gazda, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- RSn061/01: Tue 16:00–17:40 G21, Wed 12:00–13:40 D33, A. Agapova, T. Zaňko
RSn061/02: Mon 10:00–11:40 B2.52, Wed 16:00–17:40 B2.32, A. Agapova, T. Zaňko
- Advanced knowledge of general language (Russian, B1).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Russian Philological and Cultural Studies (programme FF, N-RS_)
- Russian with a Focus on Translating (programme FF, N-RS_)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Russian Language and Literature (programme FF, N-RJU_)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Russian Language and Literature (programme FF, N-RJU_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The main emphasis is put on further development and improvement of students’ communicational skills in Russian based on dialogs, talks and discussions on set conversational topics.
The essential part of the course is removal of obstacles caused by Czech-Russian interference in grammar and vocabulary. Students, in parallel, improve their skills in listening and reading when working with adapted journalistic and literary texts and current periodicals.
It is expected to further develop the improvement of students’ written speech as well as understanding texts on set topics and authentic recordings in Russian. Students so should be able to discuss about set topics and to independently work with texts using gained knowledge.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, the student will be able:
- to understand unadapted journalistic and literary texts on discussed topics and authentic recordings in Russian language;
- to independently work with texts on discussed topics using gained knowledge;
- to correctly express his own opinion on the certain communicational situation from phonetical, lexical and grammar point of view, using new vocabulary both in oral and written forms;
- to discuss and argue on covered topics in Russian.
- 1. Personality. Character traits.
- 2. Cultural Stereotypes, Superstitions, Traditions.
- 3. Clothes, People’s Appearance. Fashion Today.
- 4. “Translator’s False Friends” (Interlingual Homonymy).
- 5. Ecology and Environment.
- 6. Key Historical Figures and Events.
- 7. Healthy Way of Life. Healthy Food.
- 8. Phrasemes and Set Phrases.
- 9. Mobile Technologies: Pros and Cons.
- 10. Finances, Work, Professions.
- 11. A Person and His Future. Future Planning.
- 12. Law, Right, Criminality.
- recommended literature
- GLAZUNOVA, Ol‘ga Igorevna. Davajte govorit' po-russki : učebnoje posobije po russkomu jazyku dlja inostrancev. 8-oje izd., ispr. i dop. Sankt-Peterburg: Izdatel'skij dom "MIRS", 2008. 373 s. ISBN 9785913950130. info
- FOLPRECHTOVÁ, Jana and Eva KŘEČKOVÁ. Jazykové a komunikativní hry v ruštině : na pokročilém stupni výuky. Ostrava: Montanex, 2006. 90 s. ISBN 8072252232. info
- HORVÁTOVÁ, Marie. Ruská konverzace. Vydání I. Praha: Ekopress, 2004. 255 stran. ISBN 8086119823. info
- ŽOFKOVÁ, Hana. Česko-ruská konverzace. Vyd. 1. Voznice: LEDA, 2003. 407 s. ISBN 8073350203. info
- not specified
- MOKIJENKO, Valerij Michajlovič. Davajte govorit' pravil'no! : trudnosti sovremennoj russkoj frazeologii : kratkij slovar'-spravočnik. Moskva: Academia, 2004. 284 stran. ISBN 5769516852. info
- Teaching methods
- Conversational exercises, discussions, group projects, oral and video presentations, regular homework and submission of essays.
- Assessment methods
- Regular active seminar participation, two absences are allowed. Group projects. Final project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/RSn061