FF:SJIIA117 Spanish Literature of the 20th - Course Information
SJIIA117 Spanish Literature of the 20th Century IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. José Luis Bellón Aguilera, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. José Luis Bellón Aguilera, PhD.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Milada Malá, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- SJIIA105 20th Century Spanish Liter. I
The students are supposed to have passed the exam of the previous part (i.e.SJIIA105 Španělská literatura 20. století I.).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course offers an outline of the Spanish Literature from the end of the Civil War to the end of the 20th century. The aim of the course of Literature I is to make students acquainted with the background of the development and of the diversification of every literary movement within given periods. At the end of this course, students should be able to define basic notions of the literary context in question and connect literary questions with the non-literary considerations. Students should be able to classify a given author according to this context and duly comment on his place. It will be the students’ task to apply the beforehand defined terms during the analysis and imply their proper conclusions from observed phenomena. At the end of this course, students will be able to imply and explain the functioning of basic literary phenomena and prove their opinions on a particular text.
- Each lesson is divided into two parts: the 1st one offers a brief survey of the treated theme, while the 2nd one is dedicated to literary analysis of the most important works.
- recommended literature
- Sanz Villanueva, Santos (1984),Historia de la literatura española. El siglo XX. Literatura actual. Barcelona, Ariel.
- Francisco Rico (coord.) (1979- ), Historia y crítica de la literatura española. Vol. 8: Época contemporánea: 1939-1980, ed. Domingo Ynduráin (1981). Vol. 9: Los nuevos nombres: 1975-1990. Ed. Darío Villanueva et al (1992). Barcelona, Crítica. [Y suplem,]
- MAINER, José-Carlos (2011),Historia de la literatura española 7. Derrota y restitución de la modernidad. 1939-2010. A cargo de Jordi Gracia y Domingo Ródenas. Barcelona, Crítica.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture: description of the literary field, explanation and definition of basic notions and their demonstration on concrete texts by concrete authors. Seminar: Application of the acquired theoretical knowledge on authentic texts. In the form of comments the students show their capability to connect their theoretical knowledge while working with a particular text.
- Assessment methods
- Examination: written test on a theme chosen in the discussed matter, assigned by the professor on a theme resulting from the discussed thematic ranges including a practical analysis of a text.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.