FF:SLOLP02 Doctoral Seminar - Course Information
SLOLP02 Doctoral SeminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Renáta Buchtová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Josef Dohnal, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Ivo Pospíšil, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Stehlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Šaur, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Václav Štěpánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Josef Dohnal, CSc.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Josef Dohnal, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Slavonic Literatures (programme FF, D-SL_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The content of the Doctoral Seminar is the presentation of partial results or methodological problems connected with projects of doctoral students' dissertations. The aim of the course is for each doctoral student to present the interim results of their research work at least twice during their studies, present a paper on a topic related to the focus of their dissertation project and learn to respond to questions and critical comments from colleagues and supervisors, and actively participate in discussions on presentations of other doctoral students. The course aims to support interdisciplinarity and a broader orientation within the linguistics of Slavic languages and to contribute to the development of critical thinking and argumentation skills of doctoral students.
- Learning outcomes
- Writing a methodologically oriented short text on an assigned topic.
- 1. Subject assignment in coordination with tutor.
- 2. Editing the paper or presentation assigned. It is important that the text should be sent in advance to other PhD students and tutors who can familiarize themselves with the text and prepare their comments and questions.
- 3. Paper presentation and responding to remarks formulated, discussing the text.
- Literatura bude zadána školitelem.
- Teaching methods
- Self-study, tutorials.
- Assessment methods
- Paper presentation on seminar.
Crithical reading in advance of other PhD students´ papers and comments.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 3x během studia.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/SLOLP02