FF:SUSK_03 Proseminar II. - Course Information
SUSK_03 Proseminar of Arts II.Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Dagmar Koudelková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Dagmar Koudelková
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SUSK_02 Proseminar I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Combined Art Studies (programme FF, B-US_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The proseminar acquaints students with basic methodological processes. The main objectives of the course are the following: Familiarity with principles of research, how studets should treat the subject of their research, how to read expert literature, quote correctly and use it for one's own written work.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student is able to work according to established rules and requirements of the seminar work.
- 1. choice of topic and main thematic circles
- 2. formulation of goals of the work
- 3. formulation of one's own hypotheses
- 4. cultivation of defining thinking and expert speech
- 5. choice of literature and principles of its elaboration
- 6. choice of adequate format of citations and links
- 7. elaboration of detailed draft of the text
- 8. paraphrasing exercise
- 9. resumé and review
- 10. rhetorical rules and expert text
- 11. discussion on proseminar essays in progress
- required literature
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- Teaching methods
- Readings, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Presentation and 3 homework
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 4x za semestr.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin výuka, 8 hodin konzultace.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses