FF:TIM_B_043 Media-action I - Course Information
TIM_B_043 Media-action IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. ak. soch. Tomáš Ruller (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. ak. soch. Tomáš Ruller
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:00–15:50 326
- The ability to work with Internet and print resources in English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Theory of Interactive Media (programme FF, B-INME_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is to acquaint students with key action artists and their significant artworks. It si organized as a research on action media in structure of given themes.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- identify and summarize the important features of individual works and the collective action art movements;
- Identify and describe current domestic and foreign artistic trends in the action art;
- create a text file in accordance with the citation standard and present a paper on a selected topic;
- to compare and highlight the differences in the attitudes of individual artists;
- to apply the basic terminology of the field to specific works of art;
- analyze current trends in the field of action art;
- describe the means used to implement a specific work of action art.
- STILL LIFE (object) – OBSERVATION
- 1. John CAGE – Silence,
- 2. Yves KLEIN – Jump into the Void,
- 3. Allan KAPROW – Happening / Art-Life,
- 4. James TURREL – Darkness / Light,
- 5. Ana MENDIETA – Senses and Elements,
- 6. Piero MANZONI – Objects, Klaus RINKE – Time, Hanne DARBOVEN – Record / Archive.
- PORTRAIT (subject) – EXPRESSION (image)
- 1. GILBERT & GEORGE, Huan ZHANG, Jeff WALL – Artist and Model /Live Pictures,
- 2. Robert MAPPLETHORPE, Andres SERRANO, Tracey EMIN – Statement and Release,
- 3. Mariko MORI, Yasumasa MORIMURA, Luigi ONTANI – Identity and Mask,
- 4. Cindy SHERMAN, Pipilotti RIST, Jurgen KLAUKE – Authenticity and Image,
- 5. Bas Jan ADER, Charles RAY, Skip ARNOLD, Erwin WURM – Personality and gesture,
- 6. COLETTE, Yayoi KUSAMA, Vanessa BEECROFT, Spencer TUNICK – Fashion and Stylization.
- required literature
- CAGE, John. Silence. Wesleyan: University press, 1973. ISBN 9780819560285.
- HRSG. VON OLIVIER BERGGRUEN, MAX HOLLEIN, INGRID PFEIFFER, hrsg. von Olivier Berggruen, Max Hollein, Ingrid Pfeiffer a Olivier Berggruen. Paolo Bianchi.. [et al.]. MIT BEITRÄGEN VON NUIT BANAI. Yves Klein. Ostfildern-Ruit: H. Cantz, 2004. ISBN 9783775714
- James Turrell: Geometrie des Lichts = geometry of light. Editor Ursula SINNREICH. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz, c2009. ISBN 978-3775723695.
- CAGE, John. Silence: přednášky a texty. Praha: Tranzit, 2010. Navigace. ISBN 978-80-87259-07-8.
- KELLEY, Jeff. Childsplay: the art of Allan Kaprow. Berkeley: University of California Press, c2004. ISBN 0-520-23671-8.
- VISO, Olga M. Ana Mendieta: earth body : sculpture and performance, 1972-1985. Washington, D.C.: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, c2004. ISBN 978-3-7757-1395-5.
- Teaching methods
- 1/1 lecture and seminiar.
- Assessment methods
- The condition of completion is in chosen term a presentation of the paper (15-20 min.) including visual documentation - projection, credit comes after the submission of the seminar paper in digital form, total of at least 50% of the attendance is expected (possible reasoned lower attendance is replaced in the corresponding proportion by the elaboration of the additional seminar paper submitted in examination period).
The case of exam is oral on a randomly selected topic from all topics of the semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/TIM_B_043