FF:UCJXJ01 M.A. thesis seminar, Pt. 1 - Course Information
UCJXJ01 Seminar on M.A. thesis (in linguistics), Pt. 1Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Pavel Kosek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Olga Navrátilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Velebová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jarmila Vojtová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Markéta Ziková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Žižková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the seminar is to lead students on the basis of regular individual consultations to prepare their M.A. thesis corresponding with requirements relating to this type of texts.
- Learning outcomes
- Having participated in the course, students will be able: • to formulate aim, methodology, synopsis and annotation of a work for the purpose of qualification; • to search and process independently relevant scholarly sources, depending on the topic of the thesis; • to search and process independently relevant didactic and pedagogical sources, depending on the topic of the thesis; • to propose adequate methods of collecting material for the thesis and to collect the material on this basis; • to describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate independently the collected material; • to propose didactic processing of a selected language phenomenon for the secondary school level; • to deal with writing thesis in accordance with requirements for this type of works for the purpose of qualification at the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University.
- Setting the aim of work, methodology, creating a synopsis. • Getting acquainted with adequate scholarly sources. • Getting acquainted with adequate didactic and pedagogical sources. • Collecting and classifying the material. • Beginning of analysis, interpretation and evaluation of the collected material. • A didactic view of the particular topic. • Writing individual chapters of the thesis, creating an annotation • An exact synopsis of the course will be created by the supervisor on the basis of consultations with the student.
- MEŠKO, Dušan, Dušan KATUŠČÁK and Ján FINDRA. Akademická příručka. České, upr. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 481 s. ISBN 8080632197. info
- FILKA, Jaroslav. Metodika tvorby diplomové práce : praktická pomůcka pro studenty vysokých škol. 1. vydání. Brno: Knihař, 2002. 223 stran. ISBN 8086292053. info
- ECO, Umberto. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Translated by Ivan Seidl. V Olomouci: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 8071981737. info
- Teaching methods
- Home preparations, consultations. The course is organized on an individual basis.
- Assessment methods
- The supervisor will award credits on the basis of the extent, to which the thesis is prepared and on the basis of consultations with the student.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/UCJXJ01