FF:UEV_02 Diploma Seminar I - Course Information
UEV_02 Diploma Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jan Špaček (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Želazková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Lubomír Spurný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jan Špaček
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- each even Wednesday 18:00–18:50 N42
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Estetic Education (programme FF, N-SS) (2)
- Course objectives
- Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study. Upon completion of this course, students are able to appraise theoretical approaches and formulate research methods and a research plan in the area relating to the thesis topic. They are able to assemble the relevant materials and construct a bibliography. They understand and are able to implement the appropriate norms and standards of academic discourse and writing.
- The course prepares students for writing their final thesis. It may take the form of formally-organized contact hours or individual consultations with the thesis supervisor, depending on the specific demands of the degree program and thesis topic.
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations only.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/UEV_02