FF:US_36a Diploma Seminar I. - Course Information
US_36a Diploma Seminar I.Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Aleš Filip, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- PhDr. Dagmar Koudelková
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 14:00–15:40 N51
- US_35b Seminar of Arts II.
To graduate from the courses Proseminar of Arts I, II and Seminar of Arts I, II.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Seminar is a platform for presentation and discussion over diploma topics of individual students and possible directing them in questions of methodology, relevant sources and literature. Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- consider the theme of his bachelor thesis in correspondence with the specialty of his study program
- think over aims and methods of his bachelor thesis
- Methodological tutoring and preparation of the diploma work.
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars; readings; class discussion; homeworks
- Assessment methods
- The 75% attendance is needed.
1) The consultation of the theme of a bachelor thesis and its inserting in the Information System of the Masaryk-University by its head.
2) The working out the Basic theses of the bachelor thesis.
3) The working out of the part of the bachelor thesis.
4) Presentation of the project at the seminary.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses