FF:UZAJ2048 School Placement - Course Information
UZAJ2048 School PlacementFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Nicola Catherine Fořtová, B.A., M.A. (lecturer)
Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- UZAJ2034 Methodology II && UZAJ2035 Syllabus, Lesson and Course && UZAJ2037 Teaching Practice && AJ21110 Practical English Exam
The students must have completed the English language exam and be either studying Methodology II or have already passed it.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 3/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-GK)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-MA)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS) (2)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-TV)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to provide trainees with guided experience in schools. Although the trainees are already teaching, the opportunity to work under more experienced teachers and to examine their own practices is intended to lead to a greater awareness of the art of teaching English. Furthermore, the practice must be undertaken in a state accredited secondary school.
- The trainees are required to teach 10 hours under the supervision of an experienced ELT teacher working in the school where the practicum is undertaken. In addition, the trainee is required to observe the teacher for 6 hours and complete observation task forms. Upon completion of the practicum, the trainee is required to submit a folder of lesson plans, reflections on lessons, teacher reports and the observation task forms.
- WAJNRYB, Ruth. Classroom observation tasks : a resource book for language teachers and trainers. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992. viii, 145. ISBN 0521407222. info
- Teaching methods
- Trainees teach under the supervision of mentors in selected secondary schools. During this time, trainees complete specific observation tasks of their peers and their mentors. A folio of these documents, plus personal reflections and mentor reports is subsequently submitted to the methodology trainers.
- Assessment methods
- This course assessed through observation and teaching reports.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/UZAJ2048