FF:UZPHK2105 Elements of Ethic - Course Information
UZPHK2105 Elements of EthicFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Radim Brázda, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. BcA. Jiří Raclavský, Ph.D.
Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 18. 10. 10:00–11:40 A11, Fri 13. 12. 10:00–11:40 A11
- It is assumed knowledge of ethics, corresponding to the level of secondary school or philosophy course for students of non-philosophical fields.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Social Studies Basics (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course the students should be able a) to describe and explicate the major concepts, theories and problems of ethics b) to explain the justification for basic moral convictions
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the motivated student should be able to: - understand the basic types of moral justification and explain the origin of morality; - describe basic ethical theories; - to define the key concepts of ethics and ethical theories; - reconstruct basic arguments of moral convictions.
- 1) Basic questions and approaches to ethics 2) Thought experiments in ethics as teaching method 3) The New Science of Morality - Naturalism in ethics 4) Descriptive ethics 5) Metaetics 6) Normative Ethics 7) Ethics of Virtue 8) Practical philosophy, applied ethics and bioethics
- required literature
- BRÁZDA, Radim. Ethicum. první. Zlín: VeRBuM, 2010. 188 pp. ISBN 978-80-904273-9-6. info
- recommended literature
- A companion to ethics. Edited by Peter Singer. 1st ed. Malden: Blackwell Pub., 2007. xxii, 565. ISBN 9780631187851. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, tutorials, discussions.
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10 hodin konzultací.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět je určen jen pro studenty s imatrikulací do jaro 2019, včetně.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/UZPHK2105