FF:VIKERA02 Standardization - Course Information
VIKERA02 StandardizationFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Miroslav Bartošek, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Zdeněk Kadlec, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Michal Lorenz, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Syllabus (in Czech)
- Introduction to digital libraries (DLs): definitions, history, sources of information. Digitization: basic concepts from digital imaging, hardware and software tools.; digital objects and repositories. Library information system, its functions, data, requirements, division into modules, generations, examples, comparison. Global names and identifiers: traditional library identification systems and new digital identifiers; resolution of the identifiers; persistency of identifiers. Metadata: bibliographic library metadata and new "network" metadata schemas - comparison; MARC; Dublin Core; standards MODS and METS; application of XML and RDF. Interoperability: Z39.50 protocol; OAI; open and context-sensitive linking. Global resource discovery: comparison of DLs and Internet search engines; federated searching and metasearching; semantic Web. Long-term preserving of digital information: risks assessments; preserving strategies; OAIS; Web archiving.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- General note: ERASMUS.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2011/VIKERA02