FF:VIKMB58 Special Workshop - Course Information
VIKMB58 Foreign Lecturer WorkshopFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Tomáš Štefek (lecturer)
PhDr. Ladislava Zbiejczuk Suchá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Sabina Kubisová
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 5. 2. 14:10–15:45 N31
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 4 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/4, only registered: 0/4
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- Designing the future: Design thinking for libraries The challenges facing libraries are real, complex and varied. As such, they require new perspectives, new tools, and new approaches. With support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Chicago Public Libraries and Aarhus Public Libraries created a toolkit for using design thinking to better understand and service library users. This full day workshop will draw upon the toolkit and take a step-by-step approach to guide you through the process of understanding design thinking to put it into practice at your library. Get the toolkit here: www.designthinkingforlibraries.com Learning outcomes Through hands-on activity, you will learn: design thinking and its application to libraries, how to tap into your creativity to understand and apply human centered design thinking, the practical and critical steps in design thinking guided by the design thinking toolkit, how to more deeply understand your patrons and how they experience the services you provide to effectively serve their needs. This workshop does not require pre-existing knowledge or experience with human-centered design thinking. All participants will be given the tools and information needed to walk away with ideas to emulate in your library, regardless of your library’s size or budget.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2018/VIKMB58