FF:VIKMB65 Service design workshop - Course Information
VIKMB65 Service design workshopFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Tomáš Štefek (lecturer)
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Sabina Kubisová
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 9/10, only registered: 0/10, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/10
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- Service design workshop with a focus on design thinking mindset developlment, with a demand to be as flexible as the individual needs of every library are. Students will be participating on a workshop together with librarians from all types of Czech libraries. Human centered innovation process that emphasizes observation, collaboration, fast learning, visualization of ideas, rapid concept prototyping.
- Learning outcomes (in Czech)
- After absolving the workshop student will be able to: get an overview of service design and innovation proces and its usage in libraries, work with a design thinking approach, use selected service design methods, plan a design proces for particular case.
- Syllabus (in Czech)
- Frilux workshop is a design approach for librarians to enhance services in their own context. We don’t expect librarians to be designers as they only need to be in a UX state of mind. By applying Frilux approach in any kind of library setting, librarians can deliver knowledge, which has wider impact on culture. Frilux aims to deliver value to Libraries by making UX an important tool to solve problems. Basic structure of the workshop: Problem Definition, Ecosystem Mapping, Design Etnography, Affinity Mapping, Sketching, Brainstorming, Storyboarding, Rapid Prototyping. Further details of the subject will be provided.
- Teaching methods (in Czech)
- workshop, practical training
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Students will be assesed by presenting and discussing the outputs of the attended workshop afterwards.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
General note: Předmět bude probíhat blokově se zahraničními lektory.