FF:VIKMB20 The Web Analytics - Course Information
VIKMB20 The Web AnalyticsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Ing. Pavel Šabatka (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Adam Šilhan (lecturer)
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Sabina Kubisová
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 28. 2. 14:00–17:40 L11, Thu 14. 3. 14:00–17:40 L11, Thu 28. 3. 14:00–17:40 L11, Thu 18. 4. 14:00–17:40 L11
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 28/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Information and Library Studies (programme FF, N-IS) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- be aware of basic terminology of web analytics
- Implement and configure web analytics using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Evaluate success of every single channel usef for digital marketing
- Understand web visitors behaviour.
- operate Google Analytics at official certificate GAIQ level. .
- What does web analytics stands fore, its history and constraints. [BLOCK 1],
- The impact of web analytics within the contexts of digital marketing [BLOCK 1]
- Working with Google analytics [BLOCK 2-4]
- - configuration of new measurement
- - standard reports
- - segmentation and designing own reports
- - data interpretation and report automatization
- - Integrating Google Analytics with systems such as CRM or ERP
- Google Tag Manager [BLOCK 2-4]
- required literature
- KAUSHIK, Avinash. Webová analytika 2.0 : kompletní průvodce analýzami návštěvnosti. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2011. 456 s. ISBN 9788025129647. info
- recommended literature
- Google Analytics Blog: http://analytics.blogspot.cz/
- Analytics Academy (e-learning): https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/explorer
- Centrum nápovědy služby Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=cs#topic=3544906
- Teaching methods
- 4 blocks lasting 5 hour each during an semester . Each block contains theoretical backgrounds and Practical excercises with Google analytics . We assume students are preparing on block to block.
- Assessment methods
- Students passes course in case they reach 60 point from 100:
0 to 40 points - activity during classes
0 to 20 points - working on own analysis
0 to 40 points - team work on own manual for web analytics implementation
Students can also receive an official certificate GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification): https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3424287?hl=cs
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2019/VIKMB20