FF:DU2303 Medern Gertener - Course Information
DU2303 From Medern Gertener to Benedikt RiedFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 8:00–9:40 K33
- It is expected at least a minimal knowledge of the history of Gothic architecture in Europe.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the basic monuments of Late Gothic architecture in the Central Europe of the 15th century and with the basic architectural currents using vaulting with circular ribs. As the creators of these buildings, there are significant masters' individualities, whose names lay the later tradition at the beginning of the historical line of the great European architects.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able after the lecture course • - to orientate himself in basic art history questions in the study of the history of architecture; • - to acquire professional architectural terminology; • - to identify an adequate way of looking at a particular architectural work; • - to communicate verbally the architectural work.
- Themes (will be further specified in the seminar): 1. Late Gothic Architecture: Concept, its History and importance 2. Architectural type - architectural space - architectural detail 3. Heritage of so-called Parliers architecture in Central Europe 4. Madern Gertener at the Rhine 5. Ulrich von Ensingen: Builder of towers 6. Hans von Burghausen between Bavaria and Salzburg 7. Viennese St. Stepan and her responses 8. Laurenz Spenning and the new concept of the builder - creator 9. Moravian City Temples of the 15th Century (Brno, Olomouc, Znojmo, Jihlava, Hustopeče) 10. Memorial Church in Doubravník 11. Arnold von Westfalen and Saxon architecture 12. Benedict Ried and a circular rib
- KURMANN, Peter. „Stararchitekten“ des 14. und 15. Jahrhunderts im europäischen Kontext. Historische Zeitschrift, Beihefte [N.F.] 40), 2005, S. 539–557.
- FISCHER, Friedhelm Wilhelm. Die spätgotische Kirchenbaukunst am Mittelrhein 1410–1520 an charakteristischen Beispielen dargestellt, nach Schulen geordnet und mit historisch-topographischen Darlegungen verknüpft. Heidelberg 1962.
- Teaching methods
- Seminar work, homework, reading and oral presentation.
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/DU2303