FF:AR2A301 Registry Techniques in AP - Course Information
AR2A301 Registry Techniques in Archival PracticeFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Stanislav Bárta, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Stanislav Bárta, Ph.D.
Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Olga Barová
Supplier department: Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 8:00–9:40 B2.23
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Archival Studies (programme FF, N-AR_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The aim is to acquaint students with the present forms of registry editing techniques, with an emphasis on creating title registers for archive catalogues and inventories.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will learn how to use title registers in the archives with the most frequently processed types of documents.
- 1) Registry editing techniques and the main registry editions relating to Czech history;
- 2-4) Extracts from the registers of selected editions, and archival tools relating to source documents;
- 5-13) Creating registers and catalogue entries for selected types of archive documents
- DEMANDT, Karl Ernst: Moderne Regestentechnik. Der Archivar 10, 1957, s. 33–44, 293–312.
- ZIMMERMANN, Harald (ed.): Die Regesta Imperii im Fortschreiten und Fortschritt. Köln – Weimar – Wien 2000.
- Michal Wanner a kol: Základní pravidla pro zpracování archiválií. OAS MV ČR, Praha 2015.
- Teaching methods
- The seminars are based on the active participation of students (creation of archive registers).
- Assessment methods
- Credit will be based on a written processing of registers from selected archive materials.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/AR2A301