FF:PSBB006 Gerontopsychology in practice - Course Information
PSBB006 Gerontopsychology in practiceFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Spring 2022
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 6 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/6, only registered: 0/6
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, B-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The compulsory optional course Gerontopsychology in practice is aimed at specific features of gerontopsychology. Students will get acquainted with the basic and latest findings of this special psychological discipline and with the possibilities of applying its theoretical knowledge in practical work supervised with clients at retirements home Naděje Brno-Vinohrady.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students shoud be able to:
1) Understand and explain basic concepts of gerontopsychology (e.g. specifics of Alzheimer disease, dementia subtypes - origins, symptoms, risks and therapy, basics of occupational therapy.
2) Work with information with clients at retirements home Naděje Brno-Vinohrady (music therapy, crafts, group and individual exercises, assistence).
3) Create suitable terapeutic programs for individual clients (e.g. programs aimed at memory training)
- 1. Main principles and requirements of the course.
- 2. Basic theoretical information on gerontopsychology.
- 3. Dementia subtypes - origins, symptoms, risks and therapy.
- 4. Basics of occupational therapy.
- 5. Excursions
- 6. Practical exibits of suitable therapeutic methods and techniques
- JIRÁK, Roman, Iva HOLMEROVÁ and Claudia BORZOVÁ. Demence a jiné poruchy paměti : komunikace a každodenní péče. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2009. 164 s. ISBN 9788024724546. info
- KLUCKÁ, Jana and Pavla VOLFOVÁ. Kognitivní trénink v praxi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 150 s. ISBN 9788024726083. info
- HOSCHL, Cyril, Jan LIBIGER and Jaromír ŠVESTKA. Psychiatrie. 1st ed. Praha: Tigis, 2002. 895 pp. ISBN 80-900130-1-5. info
- VÁGNEROVÁ, Marie. Vývojová psychologie. 2. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1999. 353 s. ISBN 8071848034. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, group work, discussion, excursion, work with specialized publications
- Assessment methods
- Completion requirements:
1. Active participation in lessons - 80% min.
2. Cooperation with retirements home Naděje.
3. A short essay reflecting the experience gained durign the placemen, including personal benefits or important moments (1-2 pages long).
4. A short review of the assigned book reflecting information that were most crucial for the placement.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět je určen pro studenty od 3. ročníku.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/PSBB006