FF:LMD16 Inceptor Seminar III - Course Information
LMD16 Inceptor Seminar IIIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Jana Nechutová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jana Nechutová, CSc.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Colloquium based on the reading of medieval literary texts, in which students should demonstrate their ability of independent and creative text interpretation.
Doctoral students prepare a list of chosen texts according to the topic of their doctoral thesis and their specialization, and present it to their tutor for approval.
Compulsory reading is in the range of 50 pages.
- 1) Preparation of the list of chosen texts according to the topic of the doctoral thesis and the students’ specialization, the tutor’s approval of the list.
- 2) Individual reading and interpretation of the texts in the range of 50 pages.
- Literature is assigned on an individual basis according to the approved range of the Medieval Latin texts.
- Individuálně v souladu se schváleným penzem latinských textů.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium – translation and interpretation of Latin medieval texts.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.