FF:VH_803b Music History III B - Course Information
VH_803b Music History in Outline III BFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Jana Perutková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 16:00–17:40 N42
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VH_01a Introduction to Musicology && VH_02a Proseminar I && VH_02b Proseminar II && VH_03b Music History II && VH_03a Music History I && VH_04 Elements of Music Theory &&(( VH_05 Harmony ) || ( VH_05a Harmony I. ))&& VH_08 Intonation && VH_09 Audial Analysis
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to 1) understand and explain the music of baroque era 2) define individual music streams in the baroque music 3) analyse baroque instrumental music 4) analyse baroque vocal-instrumental music 5) explicate texts from chosen baroque treatises
- The subject serves to deepen the knowledge in the field of baroque music. It concentrates primarily on listening, occasionally on analytical enquiries. Composers: Landi. Monteverdi. Lully. Campra. Händel. Bach. Caldara. Fux.
- BUKOFZER, Manfred. Hudba v období baroka. Od Monteverdiho po Bacha. Bratislava: OPUS, 1986. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar with audiovisual examples
- Assessment methods
- essay analysing 3-5 selected works from the baroque period
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/VH_803b