FF:RSn079 Transl. of Commercial Texts II - Course Information
RSn079 Extending Translation Seminar – Commercial TextsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Mgr. Libuše Klangová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Libuše Klangová, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Jiří Gazda, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- RSn079/01: Tue 8:00–9:40 N31, L. Klangová
- Course PRJsK1.
The knowledge of the Russian language at minimum C1 level according to CERF, the knowledge of the Czech language at native speaker level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Russian with a Focus on Translating (programme FF, N-RS_)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on translation Russian administrative, and administrative juridical, commercial, non-commercial, sociopolitical, scientific and popular scientific texts to Czech, as well as, on translation of selected types of texts from Czech into Russian.
The main aim of the course is to teach the students to produce adequately translated texts that will be written in cultivated Czech/Russian language without stylistic and grammar mistakes and typing errors. The emphasis is, at the same time, put on maintaining, to the highest possible extent, the formal aspect of the source text.
At the introductory lecture students will be reminded of translating principles of commercial, administrative and administrative juridical texts, the knowledge will be deepened by the information about translating texts from not-profit sector, as well as, scientific and popular scientific texts. During the whole semester the attention on practical seminars will be paid on application of students’ gained knowledge into particular translation problems. This way students will acquire right skills while translating and will know how to deal with various typical and untypical problem situations.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, the student will be able:
- to describe and to distinguish formal and content characteristics of Russian and Czech commercial, non-commercial, sociopolitical, administrative and administrative juridical, scientific and popular scientific texts;
- to classify the text that is translated as more specific type of document and to choose the appropriate translating strategy according to it;
- to identify the key words and terms in the text, to choose appropriate translating strategy for the compensation of these means of expression in the object language;
- to distinguish different graphic, orthography and typographic usage in Czech and Russian, not to be influenced by the source language;
- to find inappropriately translated passages in translated texts, to define why the translation is not appropriate, to offer a more proper solution;
- to apply translatological knowledge from the introductory lecture and from other translatological courses on practical translation, to deliberately avoid interferences of the object language.
Tanks to kindly provided feedback of the lecturer during the whole semester, the student will be able to evaluate about himself at the end of the course if he has necessary capabilities and talent for translation of a kind and if it’s promising for him to further nurture these abilities or it’s better to focus on the other type of translation.
- The summary of the knowledge of commercial, marketing, administrative and administrative juridical texts from previous semester; its deepening by the information about translating not-profit, sociopolitical, scientific and popular scientific texts. Translation of selected types of these texts, namely:
- - Translation of more complex administrative and administrative juridical texts.
- - Translation of economically oriented texts.
- - Translation of texts from the sphere of business.
- - Translation of texts from the sphere of non-profit sector and social politics.
- - Translation of texts from the sphere of banking and insurance industry.
- - Translation of popular scientific texts.
- CSIRIKOVÁ, Marie and Eva VYSLOUŽILOVÁ. Česko-ruský odborný slovník z oblasti ekonomické, politické a právní (Variant.) : Odborný slovník česko-ruský z oblasti ekonomické, politické a právní. info
- CSIRIKOVÁ, Marie and Eva VYSLOUŽILOVÁ. Češsko-russkij slovar' : ekonomika, politika, pravo. info
- Preklad spoločensko-vedných textov. Bratislava: Obzor, 1978.
- KOSAREVA, T. B. Kak naučit´sja perevodit´ juridičeskije dokumenty? Moskva: URSS, 2009.
- VYSLOUŽILOVÁ, Eva. Cvičebnice překladu pro rusisty III (Sociální politika). 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2006.
- CSIRIKOVÁ, Marie and Libuše URIEOVÁ. Odborný překlad v praxi : (na rusko-českém materiále). 1. vyd. Plzeň: Aleš Čeněk, 2005. 165 s. ISBN 8086898342. info
- TOMÁŠEK, Michal. Překlad v právní praxi. 2. dopl. vyd. Praha: Linde, 2003. 143 s. ISBN 8072014277. info
- VYSLOUŽILOVÁ, Eva. Cvičebnice překladu pro rusisty. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2002. 291 s. ISBN 8024404117. info
- Teaching methods
- The first seminar in a form of lecture.
Everyweek independent homework in a form of translation and assignment of the given text in time.
Managed discussion on seminars about the particular translating solutions and difficult passages from the text that is translated.
Teacher’s feedback (in written and oral form).
- Assessment methods
- Compulsory attendance (min. 75%), active participation in seminars.
Assignment of given translations in time every week.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.