FF:BA_E_cetb Estonian reading - Course Information
BA_E_cetb Estonian text readingFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- each even Thursday 12:00–13:40 L42
- Participants should have already studied Estonian for at least one year.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on reading and interpreting texts in Estonian.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to read literary texts, interpret and translate them, find out unknown vocabulary or phraseology.
- Texts to be read are chosen by the teacher according to their complexity and cultural significance.
- recommended literature
- HEBEDOVÁ, Petra. Stručná gramatika estonštiny (Concise Grammar of Estonian). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 103 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6430-0. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- not specified
- Saagpakk, P.: Eesti-inglise sõnaraamat. Koolibri: Tallinn 2000.
- Raid, A.: Tšehhi-eesti sõnaraamat. Valgus: Tallinn 1966.
- Teaching methods
- reading, text interpretation, comparing existing translations
- Assessment methods
- participation in classes
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.