FF:PSBB009 Case studies seminar - introd. - Course Information
PSBB009 Case studies seminar - introductionFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Autumn 2021
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Irena Komendová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Irena Komendová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- II. Cycle programme assumes knowledge of topics and literature of subjects: PSA 019, PSA 036 Psychology of Development Part I, II, Active attendance of seminars is expected and elaboration of final written paper in extent of minimum 3 pages is necessary.For successful pass is necessary to attend 70 % of lessons.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, B-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to introduce to students an overview of basic issues of psychological examination particularly in clinical practice and through practical training to convey primary personal experience working with clients and their parents. Students are supposed to gain: - initial experience working with clinical methods (observations, dialog, anamnesis) including personal self-reflection - orientation in content and pitfalls of psychological examination - information on possibilities of implementation of psychological work findings (examination,therapeutic work) on client, family and social institutions
- Learning outcomes
- Students will get acquainted with the basic problems of psychological examination especially in clinical practice and in the form of practical exercises they will be given the basic personal experience of working with clients. Students will learn: - apply and interpret the results of clinical methods (observation, interview, anamnesis), and formulate personal reflections - to analyze the content and the pitfalls of the psychological examination - discuss the possibilities of interpreting the conclusions and their realization in psychological work (examination, therapeutic work) - for the client, family and social institutions
- Introduction into subject issues: - specifics of the counselling practice - process of psychological examination - conclusions from the examinations and options of their implementations Art of establishing contact with the client and parents (particularity, pitfalls, experience). Work with parents (variety of upbringing in the family, conveyance of the results and conclusion of examinations, options of therapeutic work) Potentiality of work inside health-care system (hospital, psychiatric wards).
- required literature
- ŘÍČAN, Pavel and Dana KREJČÍŘOVÁ. Dětská klinická psychologie. 4., přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2006. 603 s. ISBN 8024710498. info
- MATĚJČEK, Zdeněk. Praxe dětského psychologického poradenství. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1991. 335 s. ISBN 8004245269. info
- Teaching methods
- Tuitions take place every two weeks during term. Active attendance of seminars is expected,elaboration of given home works and seminar group discussion are expected.
- Assessment methods
- For successful pass of subject study final elaboration of written paper in extent of minimum 3 pages is necessary. This is to be done by elaboration on one of examined and discussed seminar subjects: - in theoretical direction; for example theoretical elaboration on chosen clinical method, kinds of approches in family upbringing etc., and reference to literature - elaboration on practically used technique (for example observation etc.): description of situation, flow of situation, diagnostic hypothesis, personal reflection. For successful pass is necessary to attend 70 % of lessons.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: liché roky.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: pro studenty od 5. semestru
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/PSBB009