PřF:Bi2900 Intellectual Property Rights - Course Information
Bi2900 Intellectual Property RightsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Eva Janouškovcová, Ph.D., LL.M. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Eva Janouškovcová, Ph.D., LL.M.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Eva Janouškovcová, Ph.D., LL.M.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Tue 15:00–16:50 online_B1
- Primarily for doctoral, master and bachelor program students of the Institue of Experimental Biology at the Faculty of Natural Science. Available also for all others if limits allow.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 14/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 16 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objective of this course is to put to students comprehensive insight into the intellectual property rights. In general, not only in the university or research and development area, but primarily just in this area. You can take up with kinds of intellectual property, legal IP protection and application of IP in practice. The course also focused on obtaining and using knowledge of intellectual property, transfer of knowledge and technologies as intellectual property and suggest the roles and principles for students and university employers.
- Learning outcomes
- Students obtain comprehensive insight into the intellectual property rights. In general, not only in the university or research and development area, but primarily just in this area. They can take up with kinds of intellectual property, legal IP protection and application of IP in practice, obtaining and using knowledge of intellectual property, transfer of knowledge and technologies as intellectual property and they also get to know the general knowledge of the roles and principles for students and university employers within that area, see the Course Content.
- General aspect of intellectual property, basic structure.
- Intellectual Property Protection (Various aspects of intellectual property rights and its protection, what is an intellectual property, why and how to protect it, Relations to Research and Development results, Intellectual property and possibilities of universities how to protect it, current situation and basic law enactment, Patents, utility models, trademarks, copyright...).
- Dealing with Research and Development Outputs (focused on various possibilities how to deal with R&D results, Current law and legal conditions for exercise of research outputs, Technology transfer and transfer of know-how, Roles of authors and working compartment in technology transfer process, Ways of support and cooperation with commercial partners during the whole process of dealing with R&D results, providing the results - conditions, types of law contracts, etc.).
- TELEC, Ivo and Pavel TŮMA. Autorské právo. Průmyslová práva. Podle stavu k 19. 10. 2009 (Copyright Law. Undustrial Property Law. On the Date of October 19, 2009). Ostrava: Nakladatelství Sagit, 2009. 224 pp. Edice ÚZ č. 752. ISBN 978-80-7208-767-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Interactive lessons on the individual subjects blending explanations and overviews with discussions and collaborative works.
- Assessment methods
- The course is based upon the attendance of lectures by students. Graded credit is required to the completion of a course. Obtaining the graded credit depends on the active attendance of lectures and successful completion of a written examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět se doporučuje zapsat v 2. nebo 4. semestru.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/Bi2900