PřF:Bi1502 Bc. Thesis II - Course Information
Bi1502 Bachelor Thesis IIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/7. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Radka Chaloupková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Brezovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi1510 Mgr. state exam
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Course objectives
- The students should be able to understand academic writing, to work with scientific literature, to identify the problem, to discuss the topics and write a proper scientific paper ready for publication in a scientific journal.
- Up-to-date biotechnological or related scientific topics are chosen for bachelor thesis.
- MATTHEWS, Janice R., John M. BOWEN and Robert W. MATTHEWS. Successful scientific writing : a step-by-step guide for the biological and medical sciences. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. xv, 235. ISBN 0521789621. info
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- Teaching methods
- Consultation with supervisor, study of scientific literature, writing thesis.
- Assessment methods
- Theses are evaluated by the supervisor and another independent reviewer and defended by the student during public presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Předmět není v akademickém roce 2015/2016 vypisován.