PřF:Bi1505 Mgr. Thesis III - Course Information
Bi1505 Master Thesis IIIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Radka Chaloupková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Brezovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi1510 Mgr. state exam
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Course objectives
- The students should be able to work with scientific literature, identify the problem, formulate hypothesis which is subsequently tested by the series of suitable experiments in laboratories, interpret results of experimental work and elaborate Master’s thesis.
- Up-to-date biotechnological or related scientific topics are chosen for Master’s thesis.
- MATTHEWS, Janice R., John M. BOWEN and Robert W. MATTHEWS. Successful scientific writing : a step-by-step guide for the biological and medical sciences. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. xv, 235. ISBN 0521789621. info
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- Teaching methods
- Consultation with supervisor, study of scientific literature, experimental work in laboratory, evaluation of results, writing of thesis.
- Assessment methods
- Theses are evaluated by the supervisor and another independent reviewer and defended by the student during public presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Předmět není v akademickém roce 2015/2016 vypisován.