PřF:Bi2140 Zool. field practice - Course Information
Bi2140 Field practice in zoologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Sychra, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Michal Horsák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Bartonička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindřiška Bojková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Igor Malenovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Petr Pařil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Dipl. Biol. Jiří Schlaghamerský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vít Syrovátka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Andrea Tóthová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi2140/2_turnus: No timetable has been entered into IS.
Bi2140/3_turnus: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( Bi1030 Inverteb. phylog. & divers. && ( Bi2090 Verteb. phylog. & divers. || NOW ( Bi2090 Verteb. phylog. & divers. )) && ! Bi2140 Zool. field practice && ! Bi4360 Field pract. zool. )|| SOUHLAS
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 140 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/140, only registered: 0/140, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/140
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: identify common species of invertebrates and vertebrates under natural conditions; explain diagnostic characters of dominant species and their immature stages; classify selected species into system.
- Field practice in different ecosystems, terrestrial and aquatic fauna, species confined to soil, standing and running waters, vegetation and special ecosystems. Besic information about species and their bionomy as well as ecology. Organisation of species into communities, interspecific relations.
- Identification of invertebrate and vertebrate species in situ followed by precise identification in "laboratory" using special identification keys. Interactive internet handbook for aquatic and terrestrial invertebrates is available.
- GAISLER, Jiří and Rudolf ROZKOŠNÝ. Terénní práce ze zoologie (Field course of zoology). 2. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1981. 317 pp. ISBN 55-043-81. info
- Teaching methods
- 5-day field trip
- Assessment methods
- identification and knowledge of biology of aquatic invertebrates, terrestrial invertebrates and vertebrates is required for the credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Studenti si sami hradí (velmi levné) ubytování a stravování.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5D.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Kapacita je sdílena s předmětem Bi4360 Terénní cvičení ze zoologie.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Bi2140 Field practice in zoology
(Bi1030 && (Bi2090||now(Bi2090)) && !Bi2140&& !Bi4360)||souhlas
- Bi4360 Field practice in zoology
Bi1030 && (Bi2090||now(Bi2090)) && !Bi2140&& !Bi4360
- Bi8380 Didactic field course of botany and zoology
Bi1090 && Bi2030 && Bi1030 && Bi2090 && (Bi2230 || 2130) && (Bi4360 || Bi2140)
- Bi2140 Field practice in zoology