The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
Fundamental course for the students of biological programme. It is aimed at practical training of the fundamental areas of basic genetics. It is also aimed at acquaintance with the fundamental methods of classical genetics. Work with genetic model organisms Arabidopsis thaliana and Drosophila melanogaster is also included.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- apply fundamental principles of genetics
- analyse genetic problems
- formulate and test genetic hypothesis
- appraise results of practise experiments
The practical course is aimed at practical application of the:
1. Principle of segregation and independent assortment, chi-square
2. Probability in genetic analysis and prediction
3. Gene interactions
5. sex determination
6. Cytogenetics and karyotype
7. Linkage and genetic mapping
8. Genetics of quantitative traits
9. Genetic model organisms: Arabidopsis thaliana and Drosophila
LÍZAL, Pavel. Praktikum z obecné genetiky (Practice from Basic Genetics). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. Elportál. ISSN 1802-128X. urlPURLinfo
theoretical introduction with power point presentations, practical experiments, solving of genetic problems
Elaboration of 5 laboratory protocols, solving of 36 genetic exercises and finally writing test with 20 questions, in which student choose from 4 possibilities, after 75% achievement student obtain credit.